About two years ago my friend Eva turned me onto the brand Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C due to my kiddos getting sick a lot after starting preschool (like easily once every 3 weeks). It worked like a charm.
Whooping Cough & Liposomal Vitamin C:
What is Liposomal Vitamin C & the benefits:
Over those two years I’ve grown tired of purchasing a small box of the liposomal vitamin C for $1.00 a packet or $33.00 a box. So I checked out how many people have made their own liposomal vitamin C and there are TONS!
What sets this recipe apart from the others is not using synthetic vitamin C. I have gone ahead and made my own and while mine may not be 1000mg per 2 ounce dose, it’s still a high dose of vitamin C that is 80 % assimilated into the body! My friends who have switched have noticed a much faster response with the use of raw vitamin C vs synthetic.
To start, I watched a bunch of videos, but this guy Natural Herb Farmacy was my top pick because he was using non-GMO and no synthetic ingredients.
Finding the best ingredients:
Acerola Vitamin C or Raw Vitamin C:
My next quest was finding a non GMO vitamin C. You can either use Acerola powder or you can also find a raw vitamin C mixture. See links below. I have used all these brands and I personally have had the most success with Pure Radiance. I’ve also just recently bought a bunch of the different sources of Vitamin C in bulk and will be blending my own now.
Acerola Vitamin C (with non GMO maltodextrin)
Acerola Vitamin C (pure acerola berries and nothing else)
Ultra Sonic Machine:
- I got one with the best reviews, as recommended in the video above, and does 16 ounces of liquid. I know it works because after I did the 15 minute cycle, the liquid stayed together, no separation of fat/water etc. I may invest in a higher sound wave the next time, for time being this does the job.
- Make sure you read the instruction manual front to back. Key things to follow to make sure you care for the machine properly.
- And what’s even greater, is that after your done and clean it out, you can clean your watches and jewelry!
Ingredients: 1 Glass or wooden spoon (do not use metal), 1 tablespoon measurement, two 8 ounce Mason jars, one 16 ounce Mason jar, raw vitamin C powder, distilled water, a glass measuring cup, two blenders or two blender containers, Sunflower lecithin and an ultrasonic machine.
- Take 3 tablespoons of Vitamin C and put into 8 ounces of distilled water into one mason jar and let it sit and mix it in.
- Take 3 tablespoons of Sunflower lecithin and put into 8 ounces of water in one mason jar and let it sit and mix it in.
- Blend the 3 tablespoons of Vitamin C powder/water together in the blender for 30 seconds.
- Blend the 3 tablespoons of Lecithin/water in the blender for 30 seconds.
- Join the lecithin mixture and vitamin C powder mixture and blend for 30 seconds
- Then take the liquid and pour into the Ultrasonic machine. Press on. Every time it shuts off at 3 minutes, take your wooden spoon and mix it. Then press it on again.
- Once you’ve done 5 cycles of 3 minutes, mix it and pour into a glass measuring cup and then pour into a 16 ounce mason jar.
- Take 2 ounces (or as many times as you like but recommending testing it out to see) before bed or when you first wake up on an empty stomach. Give yourself 30-45 minutes before consuming food. To make it taste sweeter you can chase it with some Kombucha, orange juice, tea or your drink of choice.