I’ve been wanting to write this out and just been really busy. This recipe can be used for any other type of meat. I prefer 8 hours on low in crockpot or 4 hours on high if you are strapped for time. 8 hours always tastes just a bit better. I’ve done this recipe with filet mignon, tri-steak (cut into perfect stew pieces) and meatballs. If I have other produce about to go bad in the fridge (tomatoes, spinach, asparagus, onions, parsley, cilantro and the like) I will add those too.
Ingredients: 4 carrots, 4 celery sticks, 1 sweet yellow onion, garlic, paprika, pepper flakes, fresh tomatoes, salt, pepper, chicken stock, raw butter or grassfed and almond flour. You can add butter or oil to the crock-pot if you like that but I have had great success leaving it out.
1. Take 1/4 cup of fine almond flour in a mixing bowl and add a tsp of salt and pepper.
2. Take 1lb of grassfed or organic ground beef and mix it in the bowl until it’s fully covered and soaked up.
3. Take 4 carrots and peel them and then chop them and put into crock-pot
4. Take 4 celery sticks and cut off ends and then chop and put into crock-pot
5. Take 1 large sweet onion and put it either in the blender until it’s finely chopped or chop yourself and put into crock-pot
6. Take 2 tomatoes and put in blender until it’s a puree and put into crock-pot.
7. Take 3 garlic cloves and press them and put the pressed garlic into the crock-pot with the others.
8. Add 1/4-1/2 of chicken stock and add to the crock-pot, if you don’t have it, just add water. You may need to add more salt.
9. Take 1/4 tsp of Paprika, salt, pepper and pepper flakes and add to the crock-pot. If you like hot/spicy like we do, I add a tad bit more pepper flakes and it’s delicious.
10. Get a large saucepan and put it on medium heat. Add butter just enough to coat the pan.
11. While pan is heating up, take the meat and roll it into little balls and then put them into the medium saucepan and put a lid on them. The intention is just to brown the outer edges and makes them taste amazing. Shouldn’t be longer than 3 minutes.
12. Take the saucepan and add to the crock-pot, be sure to scrape off all oil from the pan and add to the crock-pot.
13. Take spoon and mix all ingredients together. Put crock-pot on low for 8 hours for a dinner or on High for 4 hours for lunch.
Chicken Enchiladas Stew: Paleo Omg
I love, love, love this recipe. I take NO credit for this recipe because I didn’t make it. The only thing I’ve changed is added butter or tablespoon of olive oil. I didn’t like the sweet taste the coconut oil left. Whenever I have excluded oil the chicken was extremely chewy. So don’t eliminate.